What are some inexpensive DIY Christmas gift ideas for a family of 20?

+3

Our family has grown to 20, what to give each one on a limited income that does seem to be "being too cheap!" 5 of them are littles from 4 months to 5 years? Thanks for all your ideas!

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Nov 25, 2018

Do tins of homemade cookies and candy. Crayons and coloring books for little ones.

Gifts for little ones are cheaper than for older kids. Don't feel like you always have to spend the same on each person. It will even out through the years.

• On my ex husband's side of the family we drew names for those 18 and older. Set a monetary amount - typically $100 as you were only buying for one person. Wrote your name and suggested items if you wanted. Everyone's name placed in a hat or jar and someone went around the room and you picked a name. Typically done at the Thanksgiving family festivities to give everyone a month to shop for their person. Then everyone that wanted to bought for the children, checking with the parents first so there were not disappointing duplicates.

My side of the family was small, we just bought gifts for each other, none extravagant as everything is way over priced at Christmas. Typically I was DONE by Halloween as I shop all year long for gifts.

Never ever feel pressured to over spend, this is your family and it shouldn't matter.

My workplace is huge and I have a lot of staff that deserve something, so I save money every month here and there so I have a fund to work with and not use credit cards at the last minute. If you skip coffee out at Starbucks or other coffee houses and bring your own lunch every day, you can save a ton of money - hence savings and Christmas fund!

• Dorothy A Crowley Dorothy A Crowley on Nov 26, 2018

Make family gift baskets. Cookies,candy,wine,coffee ,teas, crackers, cheese. Little toys for little ones, books. I love making and receiving handmade ornaments ! You can hit several store. To make the baskets or use cookie tins.

• Don Don on Nov 26, 2018

Buy some uncirculated $2 bills at your bank. They may have to order them so order them early.