Christmas Lights or Projector?

+3
If you had to choose between Christmas lights or the new Christmas laser projector which would you choose and why?

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 12, 2017
    regular led lights,the projector never shows the light where you want it to

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 12, 2017
    We choose lights.... but If I had a large facade on my house... I might choose both... but only the projector that does, Santa etc... not just stars ( I would use the ghosts for Halloween tho. ) Christmas lights are a tradition... and the laser things are okay... but not as the only outdoor decoration.... besides I have heard that some do not show up well... and that the systems break often.

• Rembatb Rembatb on Dec 12, 2017
    Just now

We have both. The projector for me just doesn't feel Christmas-y. It is super easy to set up, you just place it where you want the coverage and plug it in. It has different speeds on it and you can place the projector so that it covers only a certain part of the house; however it is expansive in it's coverage. It takes at most five minutes per projector. Christmas lights have an entirely different feel to them. You can place them in shapes, along edges and just about anywhere you want to without it covering the whole house all at once. It will require more time and effort to use Christmas lights but with the Advent of bush lights and various decorations already covered in lights, that time and effort can be cut in half.

• I am old and traditional in that sense, I love the lights. My brother still uses several strings of lights we used back in the 60's on my parents house - when stuff was made to last!

Where I live, some people must be rich and lazy - average price to put up and take down lights (if you do not own lights, the price goes up), is $275.00. Back in the day, neighbors put up lights and decor for those that couldn't do it themselves.

• Sallie Wolff Sallie Wolff on Dec 12, 2017
    Christmas lights as you can cover specific areas such as around your deck or porch, where as the laser projectors you can only go out so far to get it the detail of the projections and you get them shining right into your home. (Our bedroom window faces front of home so it would be annoying having it shine right into our room)

• William William on Dec 12, 2017
    I also go for the lights. You can cover any area you want. Use your own creativity and imagination. I make a lot of my own Christmas decorations with a new theme every year. Dancing lights, toyland, fantasy, nations of the world, etc.