How can I display old photographs?

+4
  • Suzette Suzette on Dec 22, 2017
    Hi Victoria, Here's a link with lots of nice idea! https://www.pinterest.com/vintagegoodness/vintage-photo-displays/?lp=true

Happy Holiday's! :)

• DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 22, 2017
    There are a number of ways people display old photographs, especially of their family. One friend puts her photos under a piece of glass that is her dining table. Another one puts them on construction paper or card stock and covers them with clear contact paper to use for place mats for the family. Then there are those that make cubes or buy them to add their photos. I just have mine hanging in a main hall in my home near the living room so everyone sees them. You can buy collage photo frames to add a number of family photos. My parents collected professional photos and framed them behind glass in nice frames to hang in their home. A veteran gave our son , a disabled veteran, one of his professional photos of WWII planes in our state capital that he took. He donated it to our son. It hangs above the mantle of our fireplace. If you like, you could buy a professional piece of glass cut to fit a nice big coffee table to display photos. Others like to enter them in photo albums and have them on book shelves in their living room for anyone (like grand kids) that want to look over them. Hope this covers some areas you needed and gave you an idea of our own.

• Janet Panos Janet Panos on Dec 22, 2017
    Hello Victoria! Another way to beautifulmy display photographs is to Mod Podge them onto, for instance, a cigar box — the lid. The photos will be permanently encased in your Mod Podge and beautifully displayed on a box that can hold any number of items, e.g. playing cards, keys, etc.

• Emily Emily on Dec 22, 2017
    This is a decoupaged plate I did of three different photos of my grandson. But mostly I like to use bulletin boards for all photographs I like or images from magazines etc. I also like to stick family photographs in mirror frames or other picture frames and of course my favorite is the border I made of pics of my grandkids.

• Cindy Cindy on Dec 22, 2017
    I have a wall that is especially for our family photos. I had assorted frames and sizes that I spray painted black so they would all match. I found a wall sticker on Amazon that is just one word: Family. I put it with the pics and painted on some scrolls. It came out pretty good. Mix frames and use words to break it up. You can free form paint, use stencils, or stickers.

• Emily Emily on Dec 23, 2017
    I just remembered this way of displaying family photos. For some reason these displays always interest non-family members!