I need ideas on how to block view into bathroom but not block view out

Window faces 2 acres of beautiful woods but is also just off back porch landing. My property is on a ridge so house is on pilings so top half of window is too high to see into unless you are over 7 ft tall. I am going to hang a spider plant there.

  8 answers
  • Tanya Walker Elder Tanya Walker Elder on Jun 17, 2018
    I went to the auto parts store and bought reflective window tinting. you can see out but it's hard to see in. It's like the two way mirrors at the police station but some come with a prism design, that's the one I picked. Also they have peal off stained glass looking window covering at Menards. Well, at least they had it in 2004.

    • Paula Paula on Jun 17, 2018
      What is Menards? I like that idea,too. I have stained glass but only pane size or smaller. Thanks for idea

  • Ruth Ruth on Jun 17, 2018
    Glass blocks instead of glass panes?

  • Gk Gk on Jun 17, 2018
    I might use some decorative window film on the bottom half of the window but not the top half. As long as you can't see into the top half of the window just worry about your privacy on the bottom half. You will still get the light and the view from the top.

  • Mary Boyce Brown Mary Boyce Brown on Jun 17, 2018
    You can also buy eching kits put in design that has holes so you can see out makes for frosted look

  • Sharon Sharon on Jun 17, 2018
    Use one way reflective window film which will work during daytime, but if you shower at night it will be slightly visable.... https://www.amazon.com/Film-Rejecting-Protection-Reduction-Window/dp/B017UMQWBG/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1529262727&sr=8-20&keywords=one+way+night+privacy+window+film

  • Paula Paula on Jun 17, 2018
    I don't worry so much about after dark, my home bordered on 2 sides by 10 sq miles of wildlife managed area & 3rd side is wetlands/bog, & I live alone so if someone out there after dark (no street lights here) they shouldn't be so they deserve the fright they would get from seeing me in shower. Lol, made myself laugh. Thanks for idea

  • John Grimley John Grimley on Jun 17, 2018
    You could buy sticky backed plastic on rolls & they even do a couple of designs suitable for creating obscure glass effect. Alternatively, a permanent solution might be to etch the glass

  • Paula Paula on Jun 18, 2018
    I'm thinking that's what I will do. Thanks