Can I apply a peel and stick wallpaper over existing wallpaper?

+2
I live in a rental and want to know if I can apply a temporary peel and stick wallpaper over existing wallpaper without ruining it?

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Jul 12, 2018

Lib...I would not simply because if you attempt to remove when you move out it may tear existing wallpaper and then you will have real problems. One other thought however, if the landlord agrees it's okay to do, ask for it in writing and make sure all is well, then if you feel convinced, you might follow through. I just would not want to lose my deposit.

• Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Jul 12, 2018
    I wouldn't -- for the very reasons Tinyshoes mentions ... be careful ... management companies are NOT the same as the property OWNER - and even if the management company gave permission, the OWNER might have other ideas ... but then it would be between him and the Management Company - but you don't want to get caught in the middle.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jul 12, 2018
    Landsharkinnc has an excellent point about needing written permission from the OWNER in order to make ANY decor changes to the unit.

• Libbie B Libbie B on Jan 20, 2022

Always ask your landlord. They may not mind at all!

• I would hesitate to do that since it may tear the original wallpaper. Check with your landlord before doing anything.