How to disguise these gaps in the lining paper?


Hi, can anyone advise me how to disguise these gaps in the lining paper please? I'm really rubbish at putting up paper!!

q disguise
  5 answers
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jul 31, 2018
    Hi Tasha,
    Best thing is to hide in clear sight. Cover with Beading or Tape or Border!

  • Tasha Tasha on Jul 31, 2018
    Hi John, what kind of tape would be good please?

  • Em Em on Aug 01, 2018
    1/2 round wood. Like the quarter round you put on baseboard. You can buy 1/2 round that is ultra light and can be tacked directly to the wall with very small brads. You can buy them in 8' or 10' or 12' lengths. Wipe them down with a rag and stain and let dry for a day or so. Just make sure you put them the width of the wall evenly like you planned to do (the width of the paper. I put up a wall with wallpaper that was made of natural reeds that was sewn on to the paper. Every seem looked so "unfinished" since no to stems were alike. I put up the half round and it look smashing.

  • Flipturn Flipturn on Aug 30, 2018

    Is this wallpaper on a wall? If you cover the gaps in the wallpaper seams with trim, it will break up the open look to the wall somewhat, but it is a solution. Here are some examples of the wood trim that Em is referring to. Paint first before applying.

  • Jo Ann Butler Jo Ann Butler on Aug 30, 2018

    If it's wallpaper, you can buy wallpaper paste in a tube about the size of a tube of toothpaste. Apply a small amount on a crease, roll over it a lot with one of those little wallpaper rollers (about 1" wide, made of wood), wipe off the excess paste with a damp cloth. Voila! 'Tis done!

    Madamme Butlerfly