How can I organize a zillion garden shoes in a small hallway?

+6
My very well used back hall consists of a 6X5 space, and 4 doors including one leading to the guest/ garden bathroom. The problem is that there are usually a minumum of 5 pairs of dirty garden shoes filling the space, blocking the doors, or at best, kicked into the corner. There isn't even room for a basket on the floor. The only space for wall storage is one 16" wall, with only 6"available depth. I have not found anything commercially that fits this uber compact space. The idea of dirty shoes hanging on hooks on the wall would not be much of an improvement. Short of building 10 little shelves for single shoes, what are my options?
q how can i organize a zillion garden shoes in a small hallway
  • Patricia Patricia on May 22, 2017
    IKEA has shoe storage for walls that don't show the shoes. They're too wide for your wall space, but I'm wondering if you could mount it to the front of the bathroom door. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10031987/

• Shoshana Shoshana on May 22, 2017
    A little wooden crate right at that corner (or even hanging off the wall) would look cute in the hallway and do a wonderful job at hiding shoes that everyone is just throwing off.
    http://www.hometalk.com/diy/entryway/shoe-storage-solutions/crate-wooden-painted-shoe-storage-4519721

• Jacks Beta Jacks Beta on May 22, 2017
    Found this idea on Pinterest. Looks like an easy DIY and you can stain it or paint it to match your colors.

• A A on May 22, 2017
    I don't have a zillion, but I do use a basket for my garden shoes and the kids pool shoes (wet socks or whatever they're called) right beside the door. The crate idea also sounds good. If you want multiple cubbies, then connect the crates together and use baskets inside the cubbies. Now that I'm on a roll, you could also label the baskets . . . better stop now.

• Dfm Dfm on Jun 03, 2017
    hang a fabric or plastic or shoe holder from 3m removable hooks. if the hanging bag is to wide you can cut it to fit. i've also put a shoe tray in the attached garage for shoes.

• Wanda sinnema Wanda sinnema on Jan 05, 2018
    Take the idea of the shelf with coat hooks and put the longer old fashioned hooks near the floor. I'd put them on a board, paint it white and mount it. If needed you can and a 2nd row.. It will also be good for the shoes to dry and air out after yard work. This also works in the garage right by the entry door

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jan 05, 2018
    Take all shoes off before entering the house....