How to fix hump in carpet without redoing whole floor..Help

Tina Schuman
by Tina Schuman

The carpet is in great shape there is just a hump in the middle of the room, wondering how to stretch carpet so I don't have to replace it.

  6 answers
  • Carpets sometimes have to be re-stretched. Over time carpets will stretch especially in large rooms. Look for a carpet guy that will charge a fee to re-stretch your carpet. It is best to hire a professional so you can extend the life of your carpets.
  • Tina Schuman Tina Schuman on Sep 18, 2013
    thanks ... may have to resort to that ....I wish I could post a is in the middle of the floor, lol
  • I have one too. Large room and I am working out a barter with a neighbor who happens to be a carpet guy. Should not be that much to stretch. But if you do this carpet will last even longer. Good luck
  • Micki Micki on Sep 19, 2013
    I had this problem with my living room carpet as well. There were two humps almost next to each other. One was longer than the other. I had a carpet guy come out and he wanted to restretch the whole carpet (12.5 x 22). I'm alone and couldn't possibly move all the furniture and books in there. They would do it but at more than double the price. So, I called a second carpet repair guy. Ended up I had to move 1 chair and he fixed it for a fraction of what the other company wanted. Moral of the story - I would get more than 1 estimate.
    • @Micki that is a great point. Do not hire anyone until you get more than one estimate and check out the guy to make sure he is legitimate. Good luck Tina on finding someone.
  • Tina Schuman Tina Schuman on Sep 19, 2013
    Thanks, good idea. I can't move all of this heavy furniture either
  • Pat G Pat G on Jul 05, 2015
    You can rent a stretcher and do it yourself, but it shouldn't be very expensive.