What would cause Daylilies to start dropping some of their small buds?

Doesn't seem to matter the location or the type of plant.

• Deb K Deb K on Jul 14, 2018

Hi, check for bugs and ensure the plant is not too dry, water it.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jul 14, 2018

Hello GRI.

Do you notice any bugs?

Are your weather conditions excessively dry?

Here in Central VA we are experiencing dry hot humid conditions very little rainfall the past weeks. My daylillies are not blooming well, a mature beech tree is shedding - raining yellow leaves, grass is drying up. Clients had brought oak tree branch samples to the office for diagnosis because they’re shedding tiny acorns prematurely. Our conditions here are relared to the weather.

It may be that your daylilly plants are sacrificing the blooms to stay alive. I hope you figure out the problem.

• Gri5973451 Gri5973451 on Jul 14, 2018

We've had a huge amount of rain and the dry super hot conditions. I do water but perhaps that is the issue, Not all are dropping I have beautiful blooms and many of them and there are more to come. I'd say maybe a 1/4 are dropping and are not tiny buds.

Can't say that I've noticed bugs. This has been an awful year for slugs and snails d/t the rain. What type of bugs have a fondness for them?