Bell peppers with holes

Joepucci3
by Joepucci3
+7
I started growing red Bell Peppers in a container. Before I can get them to turn red (I understand you have to be patient), the small peppers get a few holes in them or part of the peppers have a small patch of white and their texture is soft. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Suggestions?
q bell peppers, gardening, plant care, The one on the left had 2 holes and the right one has the soft white texture
The one on the left had 2 holes and the right one has the soft white texture.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Aug 22, 2016
    This may help you. homeguides.sfgate.com/common-disease-pest-problems-pepper-plants-74487

• Jpsiskos Jpsiskos on Aug 23, 2016
    I don't have the spot problem; but why are my peppers a little bitter tasting.

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson) 360 Sod (Donna Dixson) on Aug 23, 2016
    What size containers and how and how much are you watering? How much sun are they getting?

• Joepucci3 Joepucci3 on Aug 24, 2016
      I'm using a Misco 16.7" Self-Watering Spa Planter. Watering every day to every other day (when the soil feels dry). It's getting 5-7 hours of afternoon sun.

• Lisa Falkenthal Lisa Falkenthal on Aug 23, 2016
    If you are overhead watering, it could be sunsc.ald.

• Rosel Kynast Rosel Kynast on Aug 23, 2016
    I think that Lisa F is right on, I too, think it is sun-scald. Further more I think the soil has something to do with it also. Looks like the soil needs more calcium, you can get that with crumpled egg-shells, just work it in the soil. Keep it in mind for next year, also put egg-shells in the soil when you plant tomatoes. " Good Luck"

• Dottie Morris Dottie Morris on Aug 24, 2016
    Try watering with epson salt water. Add one teaspoon to one gal water.

• Helen Helen on Aug 24, 2016
    I researched this one as I have the same problem. Google "brown spot on green peppers". It's a fungus and it takes a fungiside to get rid of it.

• IFortuna IFortuna on Aug 24, 2016
    Fungi "SYMPTOMS Circular lesions on fruit which contain tan to orange to black concentric rings in the center; lesions usually reach 3 cm (1.2 in) in diameter but may enlarge to cover most of the fruit surface; lesions may also occur on leaves and stems and appear as irregularly shaped gray spots with dark margins COMMENTS Anthracnose is found in all major vegetable growing areas worldwide and can cause large losses if left untreated MANAGEMENT Always plant disease-free seeds and transplants; seeds can be freed from infection by treating with hot water at 52°C (125.6°F) for 30 minutes; if disease is known to present, the field should be rotated with non-susceptible crops for a period of 3 years; plowing crop residue deeply into the soil removing crop debris can help to reduce inoculum in the soil". --------With pictures.-------- https://www.plantvillage.org/en/topics/pepper...

• Jackie Jackie on Jun 24, 2017
    Stinks bugs can "sting" many plants (as well as eat the leaves) and it will cause rot. Bugs laying eggs also cause this problem. I can't give a solution to the bugs, other than Sevin, but if it isn't bugs Epsom salts will nurish your plants.