Does anybody have any idea what this could be?

+6
It is growing beside my compost bin in the UK.
q does anybody have any idea what this could be, gardening, plant id, It started growing about two months ago
It started growing about two months ago.
  • Carole Carole on Oct 15, 2015
    Potato plant? Could have sprouted from an old spud?

• Meandy Meandy on Oct 15, 2015
    It grows here and most people consider it a weed but those I have sprout a pretty little yellow flower on them. I am a different kind of gardener and if a plant is pretty and I like it then it is definitely not called a weed by me. I just can't remember what it is called.

• See 1 previous
    • Gladys Gladys on Oct 18, 2015
      A weed is really just a stray plant. Think of all the perennials that can be mistaken as weeds if they weren't in a bed or pot.

• Bonny McDaniel Bonny McDaniel on Oct 15, 2015
    Looks a little like a variety of squash...did you throw seeds in the compost? If the bloom is yellow, that's another sign that it is a squash.

• Marsha Kimmerling Marsha Kimmerling on Oct 15, 2015
    I pulled lots of these out of my dad's beanfields when growing up on the farm. It is a weed. You can get more information here : Butterprint - Johnson County Iowa www.johnson-county.com/dept_sec_roads.aspx?id... Johnson County, IowaDescription: Butterprint, also known as Velvetleaf, Buttonweed, and Indian ... It is a troublesome weed in cultivated land particularly when planted to row crops.

• Paula Riley Paula Riley on Oct 15, 2015
    I think it is eggplant

• Kathy C Kathy C on Oct 15, 2015
    deffo not potato or squash - leaves are wrong. Aubergine? It would have purple flowers like little morning glories, both being solanacea. (might have spelt that wrong). Looks a bit like datura, but that has white flowers. I think it is burdock. look out for spiky pods after the flowers

• Nora Dolan Nora Dolan on Oct 18, 2015
    It may be jewelweed; it grows wild all over Canada.