How to grow an avocado tree? And also how to fix guacamole?

+5
  • Sunny C Sunny C on Jun 21, 2017
    Hello Alba; It is easy to grow an Avocado tree from a seed.
    All you need to do is to set the seed in a small glass, add just about two inches of water to the bottom. Change out the water daily. The seed should begin to root. Once you have roots, plant the seed in a pot, or you could try in the ground.
    If the tree freezes, it will probably die, as mine did.
    Guacamole is easy. I make mine by using two to three Avocados, lemon or lime juice...Half a lime will work. I then add hot sauce to taste. I mash well and serve with cut veggies or chips.
    I hope that this will help you!! Take Care.

• Alba Guerra Alba Guerra on Jun 21, 2017
      Hi Sunny. Thanks a lot for the advice on growing an avocado tree. and for the recipe on guacamole. Yummy. will try it today

• Dixie Dixie on Jun 21, 2017
    I would suggest you go to a nursery and buy a starter tree. It takes many years for them to bear fruit.

• Dfm Dfm on Jun 21, 2017
    cant help with the tree...but guacamole --take an avocado, cut in half scoop out the flesh into a bowel. give it a splash of lemon juice, mash it up. if you want it spicy- red pepper flakes. i don't like too spicy so i leave that one out-cilantro, onion, garlic,chopped tomato, green bell pepper are what i stir in. start with small amounts and taste as you go.

• Patricia S. White-Moore Patricia S. White-Moore on Jun 21, 2017
    f wateor I found a lazy way for guacamole. / a couple dashes of lemon juice to help keep avocado color a whole can of Ro-Tel Original or spicey, your choice Just mix and put in refrigerator at least a couple hours..lasts a long time. I have an Avocado tree that I started from seed about 10 years ago...stick toothpicks into an avocado to suspend it in a small container of water ..keep in water until roots come our of seed...then it can be planted in good soil, not too deep. The Ro-tel is enough for two avocado.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 21, 2017
    Growing avocado tress from pits will not bear fruit only leaves

• Here you go! A link to help you out.

Recipes vary greatly, I would start with a basic and experiment to add or subtract ingredients to suit your taste. Some people put seeded tomatoes in, some do not, I always add a bit of fresh garlic and sometimes a bit of cilantro and always both fresh lemon and lime juice.