How do I keep plants alive?

+5

BIG HELP NEEDED... In the last month, 4 of my indoor plants died. All different types and in different locations. Spider plant on window sill- sun all afternoon... A waxy large green and ivory leaf, on window sill, sun late after noon. One of the vines thick, turned dark brown and just fell over... Another plant, some kind of Ivy, which I had for years, different room, sun all morning, just dried up and died. One plant, looks like a snake plant, but don't think it is, stalks just flopped and went to repot,but there weren't any roots???? So disappointed! I get upset when they die. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Pat

• hard to say exactly, but maybe something wrong with the air quality or water quality? Did someone put something in the plant?

• Marilyn Blakesley Marilyn Blakesley on Jan 31, 2019

You should have checked them for mites little mites underneath the leaves of them

• LeeAnn LeeAnn on Jan 31, 2019

Off the top of my head. Location Location Location. Ivy and spider plants prefer the bathrooms. They like the humidity mist that comes from our showers. Without the named or pictures I am going to send you to Pinterest. Look under easy grow indoor plants. They will also have a list of called indoor air cleaning plants. This should take care of your problem.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Jan 31, 2019

Too much water root rot; No direct sun only diffused sunlight or very bright light. Number one killer of house plants over watering & poor drainage, & too much care. Waxy plant sounds like Hoya? House plants need bright light no direct sun,wtaer well good drainage dry thoroughly then water well again. No drafts hot or cold,not directly up against cold or hot windows. Don't move or transplant alot keeping them on rootbound side they perform better, when pot is too big the roots grow not top of plants. give them water soluble miracle grow plant food/fertilizer 1-2 times a year as part of reg. watering schedule.

• Pat Pat on Feb 21, 2019

Yes, it was a Hoya plant... I will try the Miracle Grow plant food. I was giving all them the sticks that you push into the dirt??? Thank you for your time & your help!