I need to spread lime and I have a dog.

+4
If I spread lime, what precautions do I need to take for my dog? Thanks in advance for any advice!
gail
  • 3po3 3po3 on Mar 14, 2012
    I believe you just need to soak it in thoroughly (or apply it before a heavy rain and let the clouds do the work for you) to keep your dogs from getting a lot of it on their paws and skin.

• Walter Reeves Walter Reeves on Mar 15, 2012
    Steve is correct. Although ingesting a little lime powder won't hurt your dog, watering it in would be safer. The pelletized products might be an even better bet: not dust, no tracking in the house.

• Gail--My Repurposed Life Gail--My Repurposed Life on Mar 15, 2012
    Thank you both very much! I think the pelletized lime is what I got.

• Charlotte Fourkiller Charlotte Fourkiller on Nov 20, 2017
    I lime my yard with the powdered lime every year for flees and ticks my dogs have never had any. My neighbors dogs have

• Wanda henderson Wanda henderson on Oct 16, 2018

How often do you lime? I went out today and purchased and watered it down. How often should I do this? Does it hurt the dogs? Plants? or children?

• Margaret Burnett Margaret Burnett on Mar 12, 2020

I have a friend nexr door that have a dog and he live two door down from me and he keeps letting his

dog poop in the yard in the front now he has.a small yard but when the dog

Poop it is were we live i would like to know what lime can use to keep the dog from doing it i have asked him over and over to take the dog in his back yard because when my Grand babies come over they step in it and bring it on my carpet they are 3 years old

• Dawn Susen Dawn Susen on Aug 06, 2020

Dear Margaret, I'm having a hard time using diplomacy when writing. I apologize for this. With all do respect, it is against the law to use other peoples property. I feel your neighbors are being nice about it when leaving dog poop as a deterrent for your grand babies to not run on their property. It is kind on their part, as in there isn't a confrontation with you as their neighbor. If this is a front yard then the street is also just as close to your front yard as your neighbors yard is... May your grand babies be safe in your care and all be happy... ^_^