Planting & growing flowers etc- How can I care for them?

+3
I seem to kill all plants & flowers. I know I have 10 Black Fingers. Not a hint of green in any of them
  • Sunny C Sunny C on Jun 20, 2017
    Hello Lilreddeilnnc; Please try and grown something easy such as an Aloe plant. Besides the benefits of Aloe, this plant will multiply, if planted in a large enough container.
    The baby Aloe plants make a Wonderful gift!
    I hope that this will be helpful for you! Good Luck!

• Carole Carole on Jun 20, 2017
    maybe you are watering too much

• Staci Staci on Jun 20, 2017
    if you are growing them inside make sure they are getting the right amount of light. I used to kill plsnts. I even kill cactus But I have just kept trying with different flowers. I have had success try African violets inside. grow herbs and daisy type flowers outside.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jun 20, 2017
    Contact your local Agricultural Co-operative Extension Service (for your county) They have all kinds of information for just your area. ie; types of plants, watering, soil - oh so much info.) Also find local Master Gardeners in your area. Someone may even come to your home to assist you.

• Mary Mary on Jun 20, 2017
    Inside plants need different care then outside. If you plant petunias outside they are the simplest. They just need a lot of sunlight. The important thing on all plants is drainage. The second is a not enough water, hanging baskets should have the drainage so water till it over flows. If it is very hot in your area, water in the morning and the evening. Try not to get to much water on any leaves on outside plants. This will cause a sunburn on them and stop the growth or maybe destroy it. Some plants are immune to this. That is why I suggested petunias. There are philodendron that can take all the water you can give. They can live in water alone. The fertilizer I would recommend is Jack's, 20-20-20. You can use this on all plants and everyday. Geraniums are also great outdoor plants as well as mums. The big secret with any plant is dead heading. I know you know how to use the computer and so there are tons of sites that can recommend your flowers for your zone. Just know flowers are like children, they take love and attention. Send pictures when your done.

• Judy Judy on Jun 20, 2017
    Keep your chin up, Lilly, also of folks can't grow flowers. Let me tell you this, some folks drown the plants by over-watering, and some folks forget they have a plant. and then forgot how to properly care for them. If you want to try to raise them, try tulips, or daffidils., or even a mum plant. Water this once a week, and they love the sunshine. Even tho the water dish is dry, does not mean that it is thirsty. I use the clear saucers, so I can see how much water is in the dish, for the plant to draw from. Be patient, and enjoy, Every plant is a diff one, and diff. personality. Best wishes, I have lots of violets, so when you are interested, do let me know, ok? Chine up, now, this is a challange for you, ok? Sincerely, J.