Can anybody tell me what kind of flowers these purple ones are?

+16
Can anybody tell me what kind of flowers these are. They spread all threw my hostas and now my wildflowers. I picked some and put them in water and they starred to sprout. And now I'm getting blooms. I'll try to send some pics.
q purple flowers
q purple flowers
  • KW KW on Aug 12, 2017
    Similar to American Vetch but not sure that is what it is. Hopefully some of our experienced gardeners can help!

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Aug 12, 2017
    You should have a Cooperative Extensive Service, They should be able to tell you what it is and how to care for them.

Good luck!

• Norma Norma on Aug 13, 2017
    Wandering Jew- flowers are purple or wnite. Cutting will root easily in water or any potting soil that maintain moisture.

• Patti Patti on Aug 13, 2017
      Thanks Norma will have to check into that. Have a Great Day

• Linda Linda on Aug 13, 2017
    possibly monkshood

• Linda Linda on Aug 13, 2017
    it looks like monkshood

• Patti Patti on Aug 13, 2017
      Thank You Linda I will reserch on that. HAVE A HAPPY DAY!

• Ju An Ju An on Aug 13, 2017
    Wandering Jew, Tradescantia
    Fluminensis, it is a member of the spiderwort family and can spread rapidly in the right conditions.

• Patti Patti on Aug 13, 2017
      Thanks Ju An it sure is spreading. But the flowers are very pretty. And they look nice in my little containers. That I recycled. Have a great DAY

• Patty Patty on Aug 13, 2017
    Spiderwart

• Mar2439468 Mar2439468 on Aug 13, 2017
    Looks like Passion flowers. Does it grow on a vine ? If so , that's your answer

• Patti Patti on Aug 13, 2017
      Yes it is kind of a vine. this sounds really promising Thank Yoi

• Dog28962737 Dog28962737 on Aug 13, 2017
    SPIDERWORT or tradescantia, and it can be very hard to control in the garder

• Rosalie Rogers Rosalie Rogers on Aug 13, 2017
    Patti, I had a vine with little purple flowers that I actually brought some in the house. Our landscaper later notified us that we had Nightshade growing in our forsythia bush. He said it is a stubborn vine and sometimes poisonous. If this vine has red or orange berries come Fall, then you might have nightshade.

• Patti Patti on Aug 13, 2017
      Well last year I didn't have any berries. It's just this year that they seem to be spreading all over. Thank You so much for the reply. I appreciate it.

• Caroline Caroline on Aug 13, 2017
    It's Spiderwart. Tradscantia family, related Wandering Jew.

• Patti Patti on Aug 13, 2017
    Thank you so much.

• E.h29084634 E.h29084634 on Aug 13, 2017
    it looks like Tradescantia for me.