Maximize space in my 8x10 greenhouse?

+2
How do I maximize the space in my greenhouse it's an 8x10. Thanks

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 05, 2018
    I would make sure you have two levels of shelves, one for the plants and working area and a lower one for supplies and tools to be stored and perhaps a few plants that don't like the high sunlight of the top shelf. If you have a lot of larger things like big bags of soil, big pots, etc. make sure you have an area with only one shelf so you can keep them in the green house without tripping over them. You could put up some pipe sturdily and have some room for hanging pots that always look so nice in greenhouses.

• Cindy Cindy on Jan 05, 2018
    The best way to maximize space in your greenhouse is to think vertical. Either with shelves, the structure itself or hanging baskets. Try to fill every inch all the way up to the top. I recently saw a post where a Home Talker built a structure that resembled a pyramid. It was 4 ft X 4 ft and they had 200 plants started. I hope this helps you.

• Xar29663747 Xar29663747 on Jan 07, 2018
      If you live in a high wind area, having weight on the upper frame of the walls and on the eave(s) helps hold down your greenhouse. Here along the front range we routinely get 50-70 mph gusts that can play havoc with the little greenhouse I have on my deck. By adding hanging planters, we reduced rattling and offset any lift generated by my little 6x12.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Jan 05, 2018
    You can run tight lengths of chain across the width and length of your greenhouse, attached to the wall frame. Then you can hang many pots and baskets. If you have a hard time reaching some, you can attach a hook at the end of a broomstick for lifting. ☺️

• Judy Judy on Jan 05, 2018
    Make shelves from cement blocks, and bricks and more planks of wood. This will be fine. Best wishes, J.