Kitchen remodel ideas??

+1
My husband and I have discussed remodeling our kitchen. I’m not sure I want to invest the money because my kitchen is so odd. It was built over the side entrance stairway to the basement and has an odd lower cabinet that juts out into the room. I thought we could reduce the size of the window and build a pantry in that weird corner but that would require moving all of the appliances and becomes a much bigger Reno. Not sure I and that expens. Changing the staircase is not an option

Any ideas appreciated,
q kitchen remodel ideas
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Jan 09, 2018
    It's a bit dark but I think you just need to add some new window treatments, and perhaps redo your backsplash. Check out some ideas other Hometalkers have done- https://www.hometalk.com/categories/remodeling-renovating/kitchen

• Barbara Pfister Barbara Pfister on Jan 09, 2018
    Paint! A nice light color. Remove the window treatment, altogether. Unless you need the privacy. Paint the upper cabinets a nice light color as well. Brightening up the space will do wonders!

• ReneJackson ReneJackson on Jan 09, 2018
    Instead of changing out the cabinet make a stair way pantry. To do this take dowel rods that are the length of the staircase. Take two put on the bottom and one for the side. Make the width of a can and as high as you want. Screw the dowel rods into the wall. Then place your cans into the holders. We had to do this in our first basement staircase because we didn't have room either.

• C.q4551780 C.q4551780 on Jan 09, 2018
    Thanks everyone for the ideas!!