What is a good idea to update a red brick fireplace

+3
The fire place is all red brick with a all wood top in white it’s painted the fire place is used . The house is from the 1920s

• Barbara Barbara on Dec 27, 2017
    Depends on the style that you want. You could paint it white, texture over it, then paint. You could add some beautiful tiles. Check out Pinterest website for numerous ideas.

• Jeanne Boulier Jeanne Boulier on Dec 27, 2017
    Paint it with a heat resistant paint if your going to use it.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 28, 2017
    https://www.hometalk.com/categories/makeovers/fireplaces-mantels/brick-fireplaces

• Filomena Lewis Filomena Lewis on Dec 28, 2017
    I went to Home Depot and bought special tile. It came out beautiful. Take a look at the different styles and colors. I picked the silver, black, gray and white colors. It changes the whole room. They have then displayed so you can see them. I did not want the stone pattern but you may like it. My fireplace was yellow brick. I could have painted it but it still would look like brick. This way, it has a whole new look. Hope this helps you.

I forgot to tell you that I* use my fireplace all of the time. So it is a safe way to redo your fireplace.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 01, 2022

Maybe paint the bricks individually with a watered down brick colour of choice or the whole lot or just do the mortar in between the bricks a different colour.