How to make spice jar magnets?

I'd like to re- purpose some baby food jars to hang my spices under a stainless steel shelf on my baker's rack. Have any of you made these that can suggest what type and strength of magnet will hold? I really don't want to waste money on craft magnets that just won't hold up.

• Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Dec 10, 2017
    There are several Hometalker's who have done something like this - maybe one of these ideas will inspire you and the post creator can answer questions too. https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=magnetic%20spice%20jar

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Dec 12, 2017
    You can Google "earth magnets". They are very strong magnets that support quite a bit of weight. Or you might consider attaching the lids of the jars to a piece of wood (like a 1x4) and then just screwing the jars off and on when you need them.

• Peter Peter on Dec 14, 2017
    Magnets to Stainless Steel are NOT what you'd expect... Stainless is largely nickel, and not good for magnetic attachment. As shown above, Screws or nails through the jar cap into the wood (assemble this upside-down) is what I'd do.