How to update above ground pool area?

+10
q above ground pool area
So ugly! What can I do to make this area look better without spending a fortune?
  • Charly Charly on Jan 01, 2018
    I would plant hosta all the way around the pool. When the hosta grows, it will look like a necklace!

• Karen Bond Hinson Karen Bond Hinson on Jan 01, 2018
    Build a deck around it. Then, plant shrubs below the deck to camouflage the structure below.

• Harry T Harry T on Jan 01, 2018
    Plants around bottom of pool would work but would recommed river bed stone. Easier to cut and trim around. A small deck to access pool ( large enough for couple lawn chairs ) finished with 3/4 privacy lattice at base. Hinged so pool accessories can be stored. Add to and recess patio stone walk way maybe replace with decorative field stone.

• Jayn Ward Jayn Ward on Jan 01, 2018
    If you want quick and cheap - cable tie green shade net to the pool frame, then surround with pots and plant with soft plants. Use one pot as a stepping stone. The shade net disguises the pool until the plants are tall enough to do the job.

• Dina Pia Dina Pia on Jan 01, 2018
    I had an above the ground pool in my previous home. What I did and looked great instantly was to make a path around with a concrete stone template. I’m attaching a picture at the end. This can be made in less than a day, I used quickcrete and is very chEap. I use only one template, filled out and move to the next spot beside.

• Lauren Lauren on Jan 01, 2018
    thank You!

• Lauren Lauren on Jan 01, 2018
    thank you!

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jan 01, 2018
    Umbrellas would instantly add some fun lively colour, provide some shade on really hot days, and you don't have to wait for them to grow tall.

• Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Jan 02, 2018
    I'd use landscape cloth as an underlayment, then washed stone ( come in bags ) and a border retention form to keep the stones 'in', easy to mow right up to the edge -- then plant small shrubs - don't know your area but a good garden supply could advise you - that would not grow but about 2' tall; You could use 4 wood palettes places in a square for a 'landing' area for your steps/ladder, and in 'season' colorful annuals in big pots around that little 'patio'