Changing a 6x6 spa into a garden?

+5
My spa is not functiong it is in ground.
Any ideas to fill it in and making it pretty.
q changing a 6x6 spa into a garden
  • Adele Kurtz Adele Kurtz on Dec 08, 2017
    Seems like this is a Wonderful Opportunity to turn it into a FANTASTY Garden with fountain, rock, water and plant features. You may wish to retexture the blue with a paint-sponging techniques in slate colors (mixing grays, gold, greens, purples and blues). Or clad the sides in slate and line the bottom with stones, rock and pebbles. Buy or make a metal or stone water sculpture or fountain with a recycling (solar?) pump. Use plants in pots and drop into the shelf sides and border. Could be awesomely gorgeous!
    I made a slate fountain, shown below, that did not have the advantage of the deep basin you have for recycling water. So I ended up planting all around it and adding rock features.
    You have the water-proof basin that --if I had I would not have needed to fill this in. Lucky you! Please try working with that first and you could have the water-feature we would all kill to have.

• See 2 previous
    • Adele Kurtz Adele Kurtz on Dec 17, 2017
      Let me know if you need any help. I've done several water features -- tho not with your advantage of having the spa already in place.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 09, 2017
    How about a pond and a Bog garden. Or just a garden with a tree in the middle........or a fountain or a Statue or piece of sculpture.......

My pleasure. Have fun........

• we pulled ours out and put in a pond liner and rocks flowers etc. and a fountain .. wish I had a pic.