How do I make my fence more private?

+3
  • Oberlinmom Oberlinmom on Jan 01, 2018
    What kind of fence? I lean toward plants, evergreen shrubs etc. There are lots of other ways depending on the type of fence.

• Bunny D. from Georgia Bunny D. from Georgia on Jan 01, 2018
    If it’s a chain link fence, here’s what my 85 yr. old Mom did: she bought imoration ivy vines to add to some she already had and wove them through the links until you couldn’t see through it. Next, she planted some lovely shrubbery and real ivy in front of her fence. Now, after 2 years, the live ivy has covered the fence and the imitation is still there! It looks amazing and gives her the privacy she needs on one side of her yard.

that should’ve been “imitation “...not imoration😕

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 01, 2018
    Grow shrubs or climbing plants or weave in between with something or over trellis or use artificial plant expanding trellis........

• Gale Allen Jenness Gale Allen Jenness on Jan 01, 2018
    What kind of fence and what part needs more privacy, above the fence or looking thru the fence? Making fence higher can be a issue depending on codes? If you have a wooden fence you can always add wood. If it’s a cyclone fence there’s material you can buy to slide between the cyclon fencing

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jan 01, 2018
    We have been planting a living fence, with arborvitae‘s and Leland cypress trees every spring. We are finding the best deal at Costco. They seem to shoot up well over > 12 inches every year and provide excellent screening .