I live in an area prone to flooding, what can I do?

  5 answers
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 03, 2017
    What you can do as far as ????

  • Build berms maybe? Call your insurance agent, see what might decrease your homeowner policy premium. Then, if possible, build whatever was suggested.

  • Sharon Sharon on May 03, 2017
    I saw a picture on YouTube of a guy who built a rubber berm completely around his property when the whole town was flooded.....he was high and dry.

    I didn't find the original one but there is Hydra Barrier, Quick dam and Water-gate Moveable dam on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVV68_1Va9E

  • C.B. C.B. on May 04, 2017
    Talk to the neighbors & find out 'how bad' the flooding was; go from there, make it community/neighborhood thing to help each other with projects that can help keep the flooding issue at bay in your area. Sometimes it's just matter of raising lawn levels by adding timbers or getting supplies together for each home in the area, like bags of sand & plastic that each of you can store on your own property in neatly made [looks like a mini shed] shed so that ALL neighbors know what it's for & can assist each other when there is a warning of a flood. IF you don't happen to be home when the flooding begins, your neighbors know 'where to find' what is needed to protect your home from water damage.

  • Shawna Bailey Shawna Bailey on May 04, 2017
    So many great ideas!