What's best filler plant ahead pool that gets a lot of sun?

+2
Looking for tropical look. Looked at Elephant ears and Cordyline but the area.is 6+ hours of sun.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jul 26, 2017
    Croton,Hibiscus,Mandevilla vine,Passion Vine,Variegated Giner

• A A on Jul 26, 2017
    You want something that isn't messy (doesn't drop a lot of debris in your pool). I know from experience that hibiscus is a messy plant; I love it, but away from my pool. If your pool is covered by a screen enclosure, you can still use many types of Elephant Ears, that's what I use in one corner. You definitely want foliage plants and few flowers (flowers tend to drop into the pool). The Croton and variegated ginger are good options and add nice color.

• Bethamy Spires Barringer Bethamy Spires Barringer on Jul 26, 2017
    Trumoet vine wisteria grapes in some type of arbor will take all the sun you can dish out.

• Lydia Weikel Cox Lydia Weikel Cox on Jul 26, 2017
    Trumpet Vine is dirty, messy, and tenaciously sends root runners MANY feet underground to spread, and more so if trimmed back! It is almost impossible to eradicate or control, so I'd not recommend planting it near a pool. I had one that undermined brick patio $ cement sidewalk with roots & new sprouts, so wonder what it might do to pool foundation.

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jul 27, 2017
    Hibiscus and trumpet vine are good options!