What would be an inexpensive repair to increase outside value to home

+5
  • Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on Dec 29, 2017
    Paint. Landscaping and Lighting. Doesn't need to be expensive but can be labor intensive. Take a look around in your neighborhood and see what houses you are drawn to and why. Great landscaping is always a draw.

• Debi53 Debi53 on Dec 29, 2017
    I think your question is far too general. Repair what? A picture would help and so would more specific questions? Landscaping. paint colors, etc.

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 29, 2017
    Cruise around in your area...see which houses attract you and catch your eye.... and take pictures... and make notes on WHY you like it.... then go home and duplicate it.... Paint, maybe a different color, Trim... a bigger contrast. Shutters.... add them or paint them to match the door.... door, paint a fun, interesting color... like kiwi.

• Peg Peg on Dec 29, 2017
    I come to believe that the outside isn't as important as the inside.

• If you're looking for curb-appeal, I agree, landscaping and paint. Sometimes just a bold new color on the front door is all you need!

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 29, 2017
    Paint and landscaping. Curb appeal is a huge incentive to view a home when I was relo shopping.

• FL FL on Dec 29, 2017
    Outdoor lights, fresh light bulbs, painted front door, working doorbell, new welcome mat, nice house numbers, fix or replace mailbox, plant flowers, sparkling clean windows, neat lawn, nice garage door, sweep driveway.

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Dec 29, 2017
    First, make all necessary routine maintenance repairs, like replacing broken windows and missing roof shingles. Next, cut all shrubs, grass and trees back so all sides of the house are visible and look well cared for. Finally, make sure the exterior of the house is freshly painted, especially the front for curb appeal.