What can I do about ants in my kitchen?

+3
Ants, who to eradicate from my kitchen

• Thelma Thelma on Apr 10, 2018
    1. Find their nest in the house, first place to look is under & around the water heater - that's where we found the one in our house. 2. Vacuum up all the ants and nesting debris. 3. Spray ant killer around the outside of the house - along the foundation to keep any new ants from entering. 4. Remove any plants that are so close to the house that any branches, etc. touch the sides of the house. 5. Put small containers of food grade Diatomaceous Earth - it is a powder so fill an old baby/body powder container with it - and put some small flat lids with some on them in the areas in the house where you have seen ants then sprinkle it outside on the ground around the foundation. It may take a couple of weeks {or more} and take more than one sprinkling of the Diatomaceous Earth around the foundation (renew the powder when you see it's beginning to get covered with soil, etc., but you'll eventually get rid of all the ants inside the house and the Diatomaceous Earth sprinkled outside will keep any new ones from entering. Hope this helps.

• Lynn Lynn on Apr 10, 2018
    Spray vinegar in their path, don’t like pepper and leave bay leaves in your cupboards and on counters

• DesertRose DesertRose on Apr 10, 2018
    Ants die if they eat cornmeal. We put it where we see a trail of ants or on their mound if we find it. They take it to the nest and the colony dies. We use Jiffy because it is sweet and they scramble in a hurry to get it to the nest. If you see any ants after the cornmeal is gone, put out more as you have a large colony. We have never had to use more than 2 applications of cornmeal. This is safe for kids, pets, then environment, and is inexpensive, but best of all it WORKS.

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Apr 10, 2018
    Lenora is right on the money. The little boogers already started to come in. I use little bottle caps filled with cornmeal, and try to find out where they come in from and lay them there. I am going to give bay leaves a try just to see the results.