Does anyone have a cure for indoor fungus gnats?

+2
  • Ruth Ann Snider Ruth Ann Snider on Jan 28, 2019

Google mats go answers

• Jean Halsey Jean Halsey on Jan 28, 2019

Thanks, nematodes on the way but trying to kill the flyers too

• Mainiebets Mainiebets on Jan 29, 2019

Hi Jean! I had the same problem several years back and after trying the soap spray, inch of sand on top of the soil, home made and store bought bug spray methods the only thing that worked for me are fly sticks (which I bought at Home Depot) and house plant sticky tapes (which I bought on Amazon). Put a sticky tape in each plant and then place a fly stick in each room where you have plants and those little buggers will be drawn to both. Over time as you change out the sticky tape and sticks you’ll see the tapes and sticks have fewer gnats on them. You will get rid of them! The fly sticks have little cups on the bottom. Throw a little honey in there for extra added attraction. Good luck!

• Jean Halsey Jean Halsey on Jan 29, 2019

Thank you been using sticky tape and catching plenty but read 5hey can lay a hundred eggs a day so stick tape is not doing the trick...thinking about fogging the house but currently trying spraying with pyrethians which is suppose to prevent pregnancy...of 5he buys so fa on day 2...killed them on day 1 and woke up to a house full ok day 2, plus have diatomaceous earth on plants and bl in the soil