How can I get rid of small ants and ant hills covering lawn?

+3
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 05, 2017
    apply food grade diatomaceous earth

• William William on Jun 06, 2017
    I use carburetor cleaner. Spray the ants and hills. It attacks the exoskeleton.

• Mdessign Mdessign on Jun 06, 2017
    Cinnamon works great

• Onie Ross Onie Ross on Jun 06, 2017
    mint oil on a cotton ball inside or dry mint leaves around out side will kill ants it will keep mice out of your closed up travel trailer in the fall and winter also leaves a very pleasant odor

• Gabi Gabi on Jun 06, 2017
    Corn meal works well. Just spread it on the ground. It's not toxic, but the ants cannot digest the corn .

• I use packaged cornbread mix that says it is sweetened and put it where they are. They will take it to the mound, everyone will eat it and die, they can't digest the cornmeal, but will take it because it is sweetened. Little goes a long way.

I read this from : Itsmemic

Medicated powder from the Dollar Tree. It has eucalyptus in it...menthol...I puff it around my homes foundation..and inside under my birdcages in the cracks under moldings. Work immediately and they never come back. I do this at the first sign of ants..in one day..GONE. The powder is in a very large container and lasts quite awhile too !! And smells great !

Not toxic to my birds OR dog

What if you make a barrier around the house.

I did some research, since we know what works for one person doesn't always work for another. I found this site and it's pretty informative. I know some tips you may not be able to use but there are some good ones also that will hopefully help.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/pest-control/how-to-get-rid-of-ants/view-all/

Ants are so weird. One time I found them inside the freezer in the garage!! What would possess them to go inside a freezer only to die? They must have sent signals back or something ~ there were no ant trails only a freezer full of dead ants. Hasn't happened since.

Ant Spray - https://www.hometalk.com/diy/outdoor/pest-repeller/cheap-easy-homemade-ant-spray-31195184?