How do I get rid of fungus?

+6
This is growing in my front yard after I rake the oak tree leafs. As we just bought the house it's been neglected for some time. Please help me get my this as is house yard nice again.
q how do i get rid of fungus
q how do i get rid of fungus
q how do i get rid of fungus
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 20, 2017
    You will need to apply a liquid or granular fungicide

• Just Retired Just Retired on Jun 20, 2017
    That is a mushroom and they pop up when the soil has had alot of rain. Honestly, let it just wither and dye by itself because if you pull it out you will spread the spores. Next I would invest in some weed and feed. Scotts brands makes an excellent product. You can apply the weed and feed in Spring/Summer and then they have another variety for applying in the Autumn. You'll see a great difference w/the Scott products. They are granular so easy to spread.

• BillieandRob Linhart BillieandRob Linhart on Jun 20, 2017
    • Use soap and water to kill off the mushrooms. Mix 2 to 3 tablespoons (29.6 to 44.4 ml) of dish soap with 2 gallons (7.57 liters) of water. Poke holes into the soil around the mushrooms using a shovel, trowel, or screwdriver. Fill the holes with the soapy water.
    • Apply a nitrogen fertilizer to deter mushrooms from growing in organic matter. The fertilizer will quicken the decomposition of the matter, which will leave the mushrooms nothing to feed off of. Plan on using 1 pound (453.59 grams) of nitrogen for every 1,000 square feet of lawn. Do not use slow release or water-soluble nitrogen fertilizer. You will need to do this annually. Consider adding some phosphorous and potassium as well. You will need 3 parts nitrogen, 1 part phosphorous, and 2 parts potassium

• Dal8338065 Dal8338065 on Jun 20, 2017
    get a bag of fungicide at the nursery

• Mildred Banchs Mildred Banchs on Jun 20, 2017
     I beginning to feel hopeful.

• Star Star on Jun 20, 2017
    It looks like you have old wood chips that was put downfor grown cover. Get all that out of there. Mushrooms grow on decaying wood. As long as that is still there mushrooms will grow. No matter what you put on them as the chemicals brake down the mushrooms will come back. So you have to get the decayed matter out of there.

• Mildred Banchs Mildred Banchs on Jun 21, 2017
      There's lots of oak tree leaves and wood chip. We just bought the house and it's been abandoned for over 9 months. I rake almost every day and now the grass is starting to grow. Thanks for your reply. I'll continue to remove debris from lawn.

• Nichole Eubanks Nichole Eubanks on Jun 20, 2017
    Remove fungas