How do I get rid of the number of ants outside

+3
I live in Maine and want to reduce the number of ants on my property

• Anne Aubin Anne Aubin on Jan 03, 2018
    cream of wheat

• Deanna Nassar Deanna Nassar on Jan 04, 2018
    This article uses natural killers for ants. I also read many of the comments for some different ideas. I used COMBAT ant trays when I had black ants move in. Also had to wash off the trails they left.

• Peter Peter on Jan 04, 2018
    I had them swarm on my house once... My fast response was to wet the wall and throw (!) Borax onto the wetted surface... they went away! (Borax : boric acid... insects hate it!)

• Lisa Lisa on Jan 04, 2018
    Chickens. But then there's another who can of worms.

• Barbara Barbara on Jan 04, 2018
    To Get Rid of Ants - Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it 'home,' can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but it works and you don't have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!

• Gail Gail on Jan 05, 2018
    In margarine container with lid, poke holes around top of bowl. Mix 1 part boric acid with 9 parts Karo syrup (microwave slightly to mix well), pour into lidded margarine container and set outside. Pets can't get in, but ants will crawl up the sides, collect the sweet stuff, and take it back to their nest. Sounds cruel but works!