How do you get rid of mold from your whole house?

+4
Answered
mushroom grow in. Bath And kitchen

  7 answers
  • Bijous Bijous on Dec 23, 2017
    You will need to strip the house down to the studs, removing all the drywall and insulation. You will then need to use industrial grade bleach on the studs. Once the house has been inspected by a professional that it is now free of mold, you can start to rebuild. I'm so sorry you were flooded. God bless.

  • Dfm Dfm on Dec 23, 2017
    vinagar and water equal parts in a spray bottle. Mold likes dark and damp and a food source....deprive it of its needs. I’ve kept a light on...full spectrum bulbs.fixed the water intrusion by making a swale in a low spot behind the house and covering all window wells, and a no open food in the basement. Bleach will kill mold, but it won’t kill the mold spores. You have to kill the spores that spawn the mold. That’s what the vinegar and water does. I haven’t figured out yet why full strength vinegar won’t kill the spores, but it didn’t,

  • Diane Kirsch Diane Kirsch on Dec 23, 2017
    clean your house thoroughly with bleach, then put it on the market! Sounds like an unhealthy situation!

  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 23, 2017
    You need to find the source of the mold and where the moisture is getting in to feed the mold. Clean it with bleach and when you put vinegar on it you must let it dry completely before replacing any wall or other wood or anything. If anything inside the wall is wet it will come back. When using the bleach to clean or the vinegar to kill the spores you must do a larger area than the affected area to make sure you get any that is just getting ready to form. You can't just do the outside of a wall or where ever it is, you must dig deeper to get it all. Will get labor intensive and expensive to do everything needed, I would contact a pro that does water abatement to find the reason you are having this problem. It could be just some leaky pipes or it could be more serious. This is your health you are dealing with. This could cause many health problems if not dealt with.

  • Tlchampion323 Tlchampion323 on Dec 23, 2017
    Dehumidifier. Too much humidity in the air. Get heat on and fans whenever you can.

  • Mogie Mogie on Dec 23, 2017
    Stop growing "muchrooms" in the bathroom.