How to keep stray cats out of my yard

+2
  • Dfm Dfm on Dec 29, 2017
    you would have to put up a cat fence. you could trap them and take to animal shelter- a no kill shelter. my best mouser was from a shelter. another was fascinated with bugs...left me the remains in a neat pile.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 29, 2017
    A dog with a doggy door works well. They can jump fences if they want, but with our four dogs, they don't even try. They can't get near the fence without them right there.

• Kim Kim on Dec 29, 2017
    Cats don't like mothballs. Throw some around your house. or you can buy Scram spray. They sell it at the pet stores. Please do not hurt them in any way. They are beautiful special creatures.

• Jan Jan on Dec 30, 2017
    wish I knew. my neighbors has MANY cats and they destroyed my little watering can I made with the beads, the cover over the plants, and cat hair in my new cushions. I tried the pellets and the little apparatus that is suppose to keep them away that works off the sun(did not work) tomatoes everything . They broke up the ceramics I had on my table. I gave up. I will keep eye out for you for suggestions.

• Jan Jan on Dec 30, 2017
    I do not want to harm them, they are God's creatures, I just want them to, stop destroying every thing I do outside. My neighbor has over 36 cats. They are feral cats she starting feeding now she has many even though she had some of them spayed they still keep coming and still keep multiplying. They will "poop" on the lawn then I step in it as she tried a litter box and they will not use it. I tried the moth balls but the smell was over bearing to me. I found that cayenne pepper worked best but does not last too long. That kept them off my swing until my paint on it dried.