How to kill bugs in wood

+14
I have been give a old tree that fell down on a farm, it is over 100 years old. My question is, I want to make crafts from wood logs and branches so want to make sure there are no live insect inside the wood. Any suggestions???

• Rowgop (Pam) Rowgop (Pam) on Oct 30, 2017
    soak it in a bleach and water solution – 1/2 cup bleach to 1 gallon water. Allow your piece to soak for 24 hours. This will not only kill bugs but any bacteria in it too. Once that is finished you need to soak iflt for another 1-2 days in water. Chnageing the water every few hours. This will extract the bleach from the wood. Once that is finished then you need to allow the piece to dry for a few days. It seems like a long process but for where I want to use mine – the precaution is necessary!

soak it in a bleach and water solution – 1/2 cup bleach to 1 gallon water. Allow your piece to soak for 24 hours. This will not only kill bugs but any bacteria in it too. Once that is finished you need to soak iflt for another 1-2 days in water. Chnageing the water every few hours. This will extract the bleach from the wood. Once that is finished then you need to allow the piece to dry for a few days. It seems like a long process but for where I want to use mine – the precaution is necessary! Smaller pieces you can bake at low heat 250 for 2/3 hours

soak it in a bleach and water solution – 1/2 cup bleach to 1 gallon water. Allow your piece to soak for 24 hours. This will not only kill bugs but any bacteria in it too. Once that is finished you need to soak iflt for another 1-2 days in water. Changeing the water every few hours. This will extract the bleach from the wood. Once that is finished then you need to allow the piece to dry for a few days. It seems like a long process but for where I want to use mine – the precaution is necessary! Smaller pieces you can bake at low heat 250 for 2/3 hours.

Soak it in a bleach and water solution – 1/2 cup bleach to 1 gallon water. Allow your piece to soak for 24 hours. This will not only kill bugs but any bacteria in it too. Once that is finished you need to soak iflt for another 1-2 days in water. Changeing the water every few hours. This will extract the bleach from the wood. Once that is finished then you need to allow the piece to dry for a few days. It seems like a long process but for where I want to use mine – the precaution is necessary! Smaller pieces you can bake at low heat 250 for 2/3 hours.

Soak it in a bleach and water solution – 1/2 cup bleach to 1 gallon water. Allow your piece to soak for 24 hours. This will not only kill bugs but any bacteria in it too. Once that is finished you need to soak iflt for another 1-2 days in water. Changeing the water every few hours. This will extract the bleach from the wood. Once that is finished then you need to allow the piece to dry for a few days. It seems like a long process but for where I want to use mine – the precaution is necessary.

Small pieces bake 250 for 2/3 hours.

Small pieces bake 250 for 2/3 hours.

Small pieces bake 250 for 2/3 hours. Will kill anything creepy crawly.

Your welcome. I have baked wood before like this. Just a long processed. But it worked. I hope your projec go well.

• Judy Judy on Oct 30, 2017
    Ask some folks who are familiar with the wood, to help you. Just be careful not to put this wood, near your home, in case the bugs, or worms that would invade your home. I hope this info helps you. J.

• 30802420 30802420 on Oct 31, 2017
      That is what i am afraid off, i have it stored outside at the moment but want to start making project's with it.

• Rowgop (Pam) Rowgop (Pam) on Nov 01, 2017
    Your welcome