How to rid your garden of rats

+8
Answered
  6 answers
  • Liv Liv on Mar 23, 2018
    Put a bowl of Antifreeze in your garden. Just make sure it won't tip over as it can also kill plants.

  • Betsy Betsy on Mar 23, 2018
    NO! NO ANTIFREEZE!!!!! It tastes sweet and any animal, bird, cat or dog, that goes through will drink it and it will cause unimaginable pain and a lingering death! DON'T DO THAT EVER! Liv, what are you thinking?????? Oh my God, I'm getting hives just thinking of this! DON'T DO IT!!!!!

    Check the sites that Kbaird8531 has suggested. Oh my God Liv, don't ever do that! EVER!!!!! It's just mean spirited and hateful!

    • See 4 previous
    • Betsy Betsy on Mar 24, 2018
      Oh, no, I didn't say that Liv was 'evil', that word never appeared. And, I didn't say she was mean spirited or hateful, just the act of putting down antifreeze is. I'm sure Liv is an animal lover. You have misconstrued my intent.

  • Carol Marszalek Carol Marszalek on Mar 23, 2018
    Whatever Traps, or poisons you choose to use make sure if you have other animals like dogs or cats that they can’t get to it. Rat poison basically works the same way for other mammals.

  • Betsy Betsy on Mar 23, 2018
    Liv, I don't see the answer I sent to you previously. I'm sure you didn't mean to be horrible to the animals, but cats can jump a fence and birds will drink the antifreeze. My brothers dog got into some antifreeze and died a really horrible painful death:( If Rick can find the hole where the rats come out, he can put rat poison deep into the hole and cover it with dirt. The rats will come into the other hole they have and find the bait and nothing else should be able to smell it and get to it. I tell you, you made my hair stand straight up. It's just now starting to lay down:) Never, ever put antifreeze down to kill something, even a rat, it's just too mean.

  • Betsy Betsy on Mar 24, 2018
    Anything can get into anything else if it wants to bad enough. My brother's dog got into some antifreeze and it was agonizing for the poor thing before it died. The vet couldn't do a thing for it. Antifreeze eats the lining out of the throat and stomach. I'd never say someone was evil, I think people are generally nice, just sometimes they don't think things through. I'm sure Liv is a lovely person and I meant no disrespect to her:) Sorry if you thought I was being mean, I wasn't:( There are some antifreeze products that are animal safe, but I'm not sure which ones.