I get mold in my room how could I stop it from coming back ?

+4
  • Poor ventilation may be the reason. I would try a fan or dehumidifier. To clean the mold, use vinegar as it will kill the mold spores, bleach does not. Then rinse. Give that a try and see what happens.

• Susie Rufener Susie Rufener on Jan 22, 2018
    Is this in a bathroom, or some other room?? In the bathroom, it may just need to have the exhaust fan run more. If it is in any other room, there must be water leaking from either a pipe, or rain water coming in somewhere. For there to be mold, it has to have a source of water. It may require a professional to see where the water is from.

• Jen Jen on Jan 22, 2018
    thats a tough one..I live in Oregon and its my constant battle. A dehumidifier has helped immensely! And I make it so all walls are primed with KILZ for mold before I paint. Also once a month I spray hydrogen peroxide on the window frames and let it sit while I clean house..then go back and wipe it off....SUCKS!!

• Mary Lou Mary Lou on Jan 22, 2018
    You can purchase a dehumidifier to reduce moisture in the air.

• Mogie Mogie on Jan 22, 2018
    Which room are you talking about? Is this limited to one certain room or throughout the house? You need to find the reason and source of the mold and fix that first. Apparently, you have too much moisture but you need to find out why. Could be as easy as running your exhaust fan more if this is in a bathroom. Have you checked the humidity level in your home?

• Betsy Betsy on Jan 22, 2018
    I get these little packages from the dollar store that collect moisture. It's called Moisture Eliminator and is sort of triangular shaped. It's a plastic container and collects moisture really well! You just dump the water out and throw the packaging away when it gets full. There is sort of a filter in the top. I replace mine about 3 or 4 times a year. It's good to have ventilation and air movement to keep the moisture down.

• Nun32489822 Nun32489822 on Jan 22, 2018
    spray with antibacterial spray from the garden center eric