Keep Squirrels out of plants?

+4
  • Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Jun 20, 2017
    Red pepper flakes... Cheap in large quantity in Mexican markets

• John Loiselle John Loiselle on Jun 20, 2017
    Squirrels , lol bonne chance,I dont care what you put on or nesr plants.I suggest phoned Grandma Clampett for her squirrel and posssum stew.The Aztec had a similar problem with snakes,one in every pot is how they solved problem.They are here to stay andvare in charge,the positive side of squirrels is that they keep the rats underground,

• Pol23018053 Pol23018053 on Jun 20, 2017
    I sprinkle Cayenne pepper on the side of the yard they seem to like. It has to be renewed every couple of days until they get the message, and when a new batch of babies are born. I buy a big shaker at the Dollar Store. Pinecones work for a lot of animals too; cats,dogs,racoons,skunks. They don't like pushing those 'prickly' things around to do their business.

• Tami Tami on Jun 20, 2017
    I have used Paprika & Cayenne so far. But every time you water the plants you need to re apply. Looking for something a little more permanent..

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jun 20, 2017
    They hate mothballs...you can sprinkle some around!

• Melissa Travis Thompson Melissa Travis Thompson on Jun 20, 2017
    Use human hair. Go to your local hair dresser and ask for a bag of hair clippings. Sprinkle it around where you see the critters and they will go away.

• Pegg77 Pegg77 on Jun 20, 2017
    I have heard dog hair.
    I want them out of my big maple tree. The keep stripping the bark off the limbs higher up. It comes down and I have to pick it up or it kills the grass it sits on.