What can I do to keep squirrels out of my garden?

+3
I have tried everything. It seems all I am doing is creating a smorgasbord for the squirrels. I have given up vegetable gardening.
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jun 09, 2017
    Try sprinkling soap shavings around your garden, once they get a mouthful, theyll be grossed out and leave!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 09, 2017
    Apply blood meal,make sprays with hot pepper and garlic

• Rosa Rosa on Jun 09, 2017
      Thank you for responding! I will try those ideas. Will the pepper and garlic harm or make my veggies taste different?

• Johnchip Johnchip on Jun 09, 2017
    Chicken wire or barbed wire strips, they can be painted partially covered with mulch. Critters gone.

• Linda Albert Linda Albert on Jun 10, 2017
    I stock up on Cayenne Pepper from the Dollar Store, and sprinkle it all over whatever I don't want animals to feed on. Works great, and if I see the squirrels again, weeks later, I simple sprinkle some more .
    For all my flowers, in the ground and in hanging pots, and in all the window boxes, I have used it.
    The pepper mixes into the soil, and they quickly learn NOT to dig or eat in there again.