How can I resurface my exposed aggregate back Terrace?

+1
The surface is rough and very unattractive dirty grey. I have water blasted it, but still looks the same. Recently I saw a 5 Gallon Bucket of resin in an emporium for $175. Could I mix a peachy coloured sand into the resin and kinda plasta the surface smooth?

• Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Jan 05, 2018
    If your terrace is very large you would have to spend a lot for enough resin to cover it. I would call a few companies that work with masonry. Surely someone has the magical solution! Good luck, and let us know the outcome.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jan 05, 2018
    Aggregate is waterproof, slip resistant, is more expensive than plain concrete, and needs next to no maintenance. Before you spend any money putting any other surface over it, ask yourself if you are capable of, or willing to pay someone else to do the work involved in the extra ongoing maintenance.

If you feel the colour of the aggregate is too dark, for $175, you can add many punches of colour with cushions, umbrellas, outdoor carpets, and potted flowers.

• Bijous Bijous on Jan 05, 2018
    Hi, re-surface or re-stain, but using resin will not work. Flipturn is spot on. Use outdoor carpets and large pots. The grey is really a non-color.

• Pom23302899 Pom23302899 on Jan 05, 2018
    Thanks Rose. I was hoping to do it inexpensively myself. I have sons and son in law's builders who can plaster well. However they are so busy working I try not to be a nuisance. However as I do want it to look professional, maybe I had better ask them. I'm thinking concrete plaster mixed with PVA might do it. I've got a matching paver elsewhere so might just experiment.....watch this space! haha