How do I renovate my small backyard?

+1

How do I renovate my small backyard?I am looking for the most cost efficient, low maintenance, dog friendly way to do this. Thank you in advance for your answers

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Feb 01, 2019

Lisa....Pavers are nice, potted plants, raised bed flower beds, bird houses/feeders. If it is small you need to think about mowing and weed eating and decide how much work you will add when you have this weekly chore. I have a friend that actually covered 1/2 her small backyard with pavers and it is sooooo nice. Lots of work for her in creating her oasis because she is single but she enjoyed lt and loves to entertain and it is perfect for her! Hope this gives you some ideas! Good luck!

• Pick one bold color and use it throughout the area... you can spray paint old or used items that color. It will add lots of style on a small budget. Flowers and greenery also go a long way. And as the previous commenter noted, pavers are great too, to create a small sitting area. Just make sure they're level!

• AndradeTea AndradeTea on Feb 03, 2019

It would be helpful if you could share a photo of the space. Obviously you need a little area for your doggie to "use." Here is a link with several photos for inspiration: https://www.google.com/search?q=small+dog+friendly+backyard+ideas&client=firefox-b-1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1qOqgzqDgAhWMHXwKHbkcBIYQ_AUIDigB&biw=1245&bih=662

• Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Feb 07, 2019

I also have a small backyard that I need to work on and a place for our dog to go out and stretch her legs. I'm planning on make a patio with pavers big enough for a table, chairs and umbrella. I will be putting in some evergreen and flowering shrubs and a small water feature along the fence with flowers planted around them. I'm also planning on putting in a small firepit with some seating around it. Sod will be put around all of this for my 150 pound baby to run and play on.