How to shovel snow with door

+3
  • Rhoda Rhoda on Jan 05, 2018
    Not sure what you are asking.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 05, 2018
    Fix a couple of Broom handles to it.

• Susan Massey Susan Massey on Jan 05, 2018
    I really doubt that you can shovel snow with a door. Try a leaf blower if the snow is powdery.

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Jan 05, 2018
    Is your door snowed shut?

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jan 08, 2018
    Do you want to shovel the snow , so your doors are cleared?

• Dennis Lee Dennis Lee on Jan 09, 2020

One can simply use an old door as a halfway decent snow removal tool by simply attaching a roller wheel with a steel bracket to the side of door in a position so that when the door is at a forty five degree angle to the ground;

now it can intersect the ground to act as a highly effective snow removal leveraging tool; one can also attach long one inch diameter wooden dowels to act as leveraging handles to the door itself; to enable a longer leveraging arm to be able to more effectively leverage any snow/ice directly away from the pavement/sidewalk where one may desire to pry away the snow/ice.

Now I have seen examples of using doors as snow removal tools via youtube some specifically using the castor wheel bracket on the side of the door to facilitate using ones door as a DIY snow removal device; from what I witnessed it is a highly effective snow removal tool indeed.