Most cost efficient way to cover my backyard concrete patio?

+2
  • Dixie Dixie on Jun 20, 2017
    What I've done is buy some "Astro-turf" at Home Depot and just lay it on. I have previously used the cheap stuff and made it look like a golf course, close to the green. If you use smaller pieces, it's easier to remove them for cleaning. What I have now is the good stuff and I vacuum it with my shop vac so I don't have to pick it up. Part of my patio has some of those very thin bricks which a friend cemented down. They look like paths.

• Nichole Eubanks Nichole Eubanks on Jun 20, 2017
    New paint

• Brandy Grimes Brandy Grimes on Jun 20, 2017
    I have a concrete porch off the back that has clearly been extended at some point and the textures don't match. I needed a cost effective way to make it match and look nice so I used a wallpaper sponge and some concrete paint I bought at a salvage store and stamped "bricks" on the floor. I staggered the rows just like you would brick and honestly, people still think it's brick pavers. I learned after the first time to glue rhe sponge to a flat surface on a handle to save your back.

• Lavonne Lavonne on Jun 21, 2017
    By 'cover' do you mean an overhead canopy or roof? The least expensive way would be to buy a canvas canopy and erect it on the patio. You can also build a wooden frame using 4x4 for the corner posts and appropriate wood for the connector pieces. You can then attach a canvas cover to the frame, or plant vines that will grow up and cover the frame.

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jun 21, 2017
    A canvas canopy is simple and cheap-ish!