Using plastic outdoors

+8
If I need to spray paint plastic items for outdoor use, what types or brands of paint are best for this purpose?

• Amazing Grace ! Amazing Grace ! on Dec 17, 2017
    I use Walmart's .99 spray paint for plastic.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 17, 2017
    Rustoleum and Krylon spray paint for plastic.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 17, 2017
    There is a type of spray paint made by Rustoleum that is specifically for plastics and outdoor use.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 17, 2017
    Both Rustoleum and Krylon make a plastic approved spray paint. There maybe other manufacturers. I’ve used it to spray some outdoor plastic Adirondack chairs they have lasted a few years and recently have some chipping started. But overall it’s a great product available in many desirable colors.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 17, 2017
    There are so many paints available now. You can find several brands that specifically say they are for outdoor and for plastic painting. I found several at Walmart alone. If you want an upgrade paint for the same, try your local paint store, but I found the Walmart brands were very good for plastic!

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 17, 2017
    I just used cheap Walmart paint. The key was a good prep job. This summer I sanded all the chairs. It took several days to do all of them (8). Followed that by rinsing them off and let them sit outside overnight. Then applied several light coats of spray paint. I learned quickly to apply light coats of paint after having several runs on my first chair. But the key to success seemed to be sanding them first.

• Amazing Grace ! Amazing Grace ! on Dec 18, 2017
    And if it going to be outside in the hot hot sun.. like here in florida. I spray a coat of poly on it or the spray paint will fade. Your welcome! :}