How do I cover a bench with padding and fabric?

+2
  • Diane Kirsch Diane Kirsch on Dec 23, 2017
    get a staple gun..! also, go to a fabric store..they have all the materials you need..whether foam rubber or polyester stuffing...then, go to work!

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 23, 2017
    does the bench have a back, or is it more like a piano bench...

• Bijous Bijous on Dec 23, 2017
    Since my sewing skills are wanton, I used fabric glue. I bought a foam piece (I used firm) at my local fabric store, along with batting and fabric. I marked the size with a magic marker and cut the foam piece to fit using a serrated kitchen knife using a sawing motion. I then wrapped with the batting. I placed the wrapped foam on the fabric and wrapped it just like a present. Glued all the seams and folds with fabric glue. Let dry and Poof! Done.

get a staple gun...you don't need an air compressor for a small job as this...go to a fabric store...get your padding there, whether it is polyester fill or foam rubber...pick out your fabric, and get going! Check out Youtube for the rest of it! https://youtu.be/79Whs_1_nWs