How to change look of bedroom dresser?

+12

I would like to change the color to more of a beachy look, but not sure if it is possible, it might be made out of particle board. Any ideas ?

Thanks

q how to change look of bedroom dresser
  • P Caswell P Caswell on Feb 03, 2019

seal it with a paint sealer. paint it white and then dry brush it with either blue or light brown to gently make streaks.

• Linda Linda on Feb 03, 2019

It might be best to do a white wash paint technique.

• Melissa Jericka Melissa Jericka on Feb 04, 2019

Chalk paint is the best way to do it without sanding. Here's one I did with two colors of gray, one full coat and one dry brush.

• Lindy Lindy on Feb 04, 2019

Here are some colors that scream beachy. You can also go lighter or darker by choice. When I was doing a piece of furniture I went to the paint store and picked out several color ways to get an idea of how they would look in the light of the room I was going to place it in. Get samples and paint them on white tag board and live with it for a bit Place the sample boards on the dresser and see how the light from the room affects the tone of the color. Of course, white is always an option. I don't use chalk paint because it needs to be sealed with wax. It took me days to remove the wax from a piece I was redoing and I will never use it again for that reason since I change things up from time to time. If you go to the chalk paint there are some lovely blue green colors as well. The world is your oyster on this one. New knobs and some great trim on the piece if you decide you need it and you will have a lovely new dresser. Good luck!

• Mogie Mogie on Feb 04, 2019

A nice light tan with starfish shaped hardware would be cute. Tan and/or blue in light shades would give you a nice beach color theme.

• This was done with chalk paint and dark wax. Very easy cause all I did was the fronts and drawers new knobs.

• Linda0374 Linda0374 on Feb 04, 2019

nice

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Feb 20, 2019

Hi there,

YOU COULD DO A SHADED LOOK BY PAINTING DARK TO LIGHT. OR

use only white /blue or use sandy colours. Change the handles to shell or nautical designs or even use beach pebbles. you could trim with Rope or wallpaper the fronts with suitable beachy paper or fabric. or cover in a seascape or overall beach view. Paint in Deck chair stripes etc.........