I have old dated doors to the rooms in my house.

+7
What is the best way to modernize them?

• Rose serpico Rose serpico on Dec 31, 2017
    How could i do my old dated doors

• Eleanor Korf Eleanor Korf on Dec 31, 2017
    If they are flat doors you can buy trim that you can put on the doors to make them look like they are paneled. You would have to paint the doors after that. Make sure you prep the door surface for paint before adding the trim. You should be able to either glue the trim on, or use small brads to nail it on, or use both.

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Dec 31, 2017
    A light sanding and a fresh coat of paint can go a long way to freshen up outdated doors

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Dec 31, 2017
    If they have a plain flat surface, add some decorative molding. Prime and then paint a different color..

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 31, 2017
    My Dad bought a thin veneer product glued that over the existing doors. He has the look of a lighter wooden door but without any painting.

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 31, 2017
    Repair walls, paint and rearrange the furniture.

• Raymond Dubois Raymond Dubois on Dec 31, 2017
    I've seen some really awesome doors and they were just done with moulding. If done right they can look like very expensive ones.

• Emily Emily on Dec 31, 2017
    You don't say what type of doors you have or how old your house is. By "updating" or modernizing the doors, you could be destroying some of the character of your home if the doors in fact reflect that character. If the doors you have no longer do match the interior of your rooms then we need to know what the style of the new interiors is.