Asked on Jun 08, 2018

What kind of resin do you use for an outdoor table and chairs that won

Laurie
by Laurie
I have an vintage Outdoor table and chairs that had ceramic in it but the ceramic broke I’m replacing it with bottle caps and resin also would that be too heavy for a little table
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 08, 2018

outdoor marine grade non yellowing epoxy

• Resin would work great. I have used resin in a few projects and it does not add a lot of weight to your project. I use 2:1 epoxy resin. I have also used norglass liquid glass but this can be costly for large projects.

• Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Jun 08, 2018

Looks amazing and such a great idea. I'm a fan of the brand "Easy Cast" you can get it at craft stores or online. The directions are easy to follow and I have had good success with it.

• Many resins aren't rated for outdoor use. If you plan to not have the table out in the weather, you can probably use the craft store types. Otherwise if the table will be out in the elements, you'd have to use a marine grade one most likely.

• Angi Angi on Jun 08, 2018

The resin can be poured to be any thickness. I'd pour it only thick enough to barely cover the caps. It probably won't be much heavier than the tiles were. Btw, love your idea!

• Dee Dee on Jun 19, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQrRVUarzPc