Best way to remove layers of paint off French Doors ?

Mary Ann O'Hara
by Mary Ann O'Hara
+2
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jun 29, 2017
    Citristrip or Formby's. With multiple layers of paint , you just have to use a stripping agent and sand a little to smooth out rough patches .

• Sandy Helliker Sandy Helliker on Jun 29, 2017
    You can also carefully use a heat gun to soften the paint and remove it with a putty knife.

• Pc224744993 Pc224744993 on Jun 29, 2017
    I would suggest using a heat gun and metal scraper especially if you want to avoid using chemicals. Provide good ventilation because the heated paint will release fumes.

• Toni Toni on Jun 29, 2017
    I did an entire set of very old kitchen cabinet doors once. If you don't mind using a paint remover, buy something with the orange citrus base. It is orange in color too. AFTER I was 75% done, I realized there is actually a special scraper made for this purpose. SO much better than a putty knife. Less to zero gouging and obviously made just for the job. It's a process, not matter which way you go ! Good Luck !

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jun 29, 2017
    Citristrip is a great product to help!