How do you sand or remove finishing of furniture?

+2
I have 2 round endtables that need to be sanded. There is part of a section that also needs to be put back into place. How can I do that?

• Ken Ken on Dec 11, 2017
    What coating is on the tables now? What is the problem that you are trying to remedy? Don't understand the "part of a section that also needs to be put back into place." Can you describe that in a different way or supply a photograph?

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 11, 2017
    what is the finish on the table

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 11, 2017
    I prefer refinishing furniture by stripping first, then sand lightly unless its really damaged. If a piece is broken, I use carpenter's glue, fit piece back in place and either clamp, use string or tape in place to dry. Then use a bit of wood filler if there are gaps to smooth out, sand when dry.

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Dec 11, 2017
    You can choose to sand furniture either by hand or with an electrical orbital sander. I would definitely go the electric route. Start with a medium grit all over the piece and then end using a fine grit sandpaper. Depending on the wood material you can then stain it or paint it!

• Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Dec 11, 2017
    If you don't want to sand or strip the piece you could use Zinsser. Here's a video that explains it.