Should 2 walls facing the front door be accented with the same color?

+3
2 west-facing walls that you see when you enter the house are in living room and dining room. Every wall in my house is white! I'm thinking I need 2 walls painted (other than white) that would be lovely to see as you enter.

• Peg Peg on Dec 12, 2017
    I think that is a personal preference.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 12, 2017
    I love blue, but that doesn't mean that you should use blue. :) You should choose colors that you like and that will fit with other things in your home. You could paint both walls the same or paint them with different colors that go together well. Wishing you the best.

• Amanda Amanda on Dec 12, 2017
    HI Jackie. You can paint them the same or different. If you paint them different I would make sure they are the same tone. Not that one is super dark and the other lighter.

• V Smith V Smith on Dec 12, 2017
    Cleaning, moving furniture around, and painting are the least expensive ways to change or update a room. Do it, if you don't like it paint it white again.

• If you're unsure, paint part of the wall as a test. If you don't like it, you only have to paint over the the test spot, not the whole wall.

• Sallie Wolff Sallie Wolff on Dec 12, 2017
    I would use two colors that compliment each other if they are two separate walls if you want to have a different look for each room, if you are nervous about having 2 colors have one of the rooms a lighter shade of the same color.